hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mt. High

Matt took me to Mt. High a couple weeks ago to check out my new pseudo-carving skills. It was a beautiful, sunny, 60-degree day on which my coat lasted about 3 minutes before finding its way back to the car. The view from the top of the mountain was lovely, and the company was even better. It's so nice to spend quality time with Matt (many thanks to the Rozsas for babysitting Jake!).

The California snow doesn't even begin to compare with the Utah powder I'd practiced on a couple weeks earlier, but I happily still got the heel-toe-heel-toe-heel-toe-heel-bum thing accomplished a few times in our three-hour outing. The "bum" part is mostly voluntary, because when you put too many heel-toes together on a freshly-waxed board, you start picking up more speed than I prefer to on packed ice. I expect to make real progress next winter with Utah snow, my brother as coach, and my new board (many thanks to my brother-in-law Andy for executing that Craigslist-style deal last month). Meanwhile, Matt rocked it with fancy grabs off jumps and whatnot. He's cool like that.
Oh, just giving my new (used) board a hug. Isn't it pretty?

2 comments:

  1. First of all? You and your hubs are SOOO dang cute!
    Second? Snowboarding in 60 degree weather sounds amazzzzing! LOVE the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash. I've snowboarded once in my life, and that sums up how I feel about it.

    I can't do it.

    I love checking in on your world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...