I hope you had a fun March Madness/St. Patrick's Day weekend! We laid low over here, just watching basketball games and doing laundry and the like. I'm popping in quick with a few pictures of my little leprechaun and a little game of tag. I've never actually done this before but my little sister Nicole tagged me and I basically do whatever my siblings ask, so here we go!
Eleven random things:
1. My mom went all-out for every little holiday and I can't wait to do the same for my kids. I'm thinking Jake will be old enough to appreciate it next year and am way excited about that. (Not that I want him to grow up or anything...)
2. Speaking of Jake growing up, he's scooting all over the place these days and is quite proud of himself. It's so cute!
3. Yesterday taught me that wrap dresses and 50 mph winds don't mix. Just call me Marilyn.
4. I have mixed feelings about moving to Utah. The last time I moved from California to Utah, I was 15 and I thought my life was ending. Sometimes, I feel like that high school girl again, but then I remember that it worked out great last time and is going to be even better this time. Our next few years at Hill are going to be happy.
5. That said, I already feel like we don't have enough time left here in Southern Cal! I've mapped out 90% of our weekends from now until the end of the summer, and it turns out there simply aren't enough Saturdays in our world.
6. Sometimes, when gas costs $4.59, I want to cry.
7. My computer has a mere 6 GB of space remaining -- thanks to a small hard drive and lots of pictures -- and is thus on the verge of collapse. I'm trying to go through and cut down on our pictures before I burn them onto DVDs and whatnot, so I gave Matt an assignment to pare down the 937 pictures of his USAFA graduation week. An hour and a half later, his trip down memory lane was complete and there were still 907 pictures remaining. We are picture hoarders.
8. For the past dozen years, I've prided myself in an excellent March Madness bracket. This year, I filled it out in two minutes at the last second and, well, it's rather average. Sad.
9. Two Sundays ago, I took Jake to the mother's lounge, which is adjacent to the women's bathroom, during Sacrament Meeting. He ate and then I rocked him to sleep. Next thing I know, we were both waking up at the end of Sunday School (1.5 hours later). At that point, I vaguely remembered a mom saying, "That's okay, honey. Let her sleep," to her daughter earlier, and realized they'd been talking about me.
10. Every once in a while, I think about signing me and Matt up for a scuba certification class. Then I remember about sharks.
11. I'm convinced there's nothing better than watching your baby grow, explore and discover the world around him.
Nicole's eleven questions:
1. What is your favorite book? My all-time favorite is probably still Pride and Prejudice. You can't help but love Jane Austen and her Lizzy and Darcy.
2. What do you do with your free time? Play with my baby. And if I'm not with my baby, I'm spying on him via his video monitor (best purchase ever) and/or looking at pictures of him. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.
3. What is your favorite restaurant? We don't eat out very much at all, but I've always loved lunch at Zupas.
4. What is your dream job? Growing up, I dreamed of being a sideline reporter or somehow working in sports, and then being a mom. I lucked out and got my feet wet in college football, Division I athletic marketing, minor league baseball, sports writing, and professional basketball before becoming a mom.
5. If you could go skydiving or bungee jumping, which one would you do? I'd go skydiving again in a heartbeat! The thought of all that blood rushing to your head with bungee jumping just doesn't appeal to me.
6. Would you rather watch a movie or read a book? Read a book, unless it's a really, really good movie and I get to cuddle with Matt.
7. Where do you want to travel next? I'm in the process of convincing Matt to go to New Zealand next year.
8. Would you rather live in the country or the city? I'm a city girl for sure.
9. What color do you usually paint your nails? My toe nails are usually hot pink.
10. What is your favorite candy? Milky Way, I think. I don't eat candy very often.
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Laguna Beach or Malibu or Pasadena or any of those terribly-expensive-for-a-reason SoCal locations.
My eleven questions for you:
I hereby tag all of you! Answer these questions in the comments or your own blog if you feel so inclined.
1. Raise your hand if you're excited for the Hunger Games movie.
2. Favorite vacation ever?
3. Semi-sweet or milk chocolate?
4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
5. If you could be on any reality TV show, which would you choose and why?
6. What is the weirdest baby name you've ever heard?
7. What color are your bedroom walls?
8. What's your favorite blog?
9. Perfect temperature?
10. Guilty pleasure?
11. Happiest news of the week?