hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Second Year

Last week, Matt and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary.
I think it goes without saying that it's been a wonderful two years!
On our first anniversary, I surprised Matt with a little video slideshow of our first year of marriage. I kept the tradition going this year and it was crazy to look back and see everything that we've done over the past 12 months! Without further adieu, The Second Year:
As for the anniversary celebration, our Europe vacation in March was technically our anniversary/babymoon trip, so we kept it low-key at home on the actual day. (We are going to celebrate at Disneyland tomorrow, though!) I woke up that morning to find a giant "I love you" post-it message on our bathroom mirror with a dozen roses on the counter. As I went through my usual morning routine, I found more and more sweet little post-it notes that Matt had strategically placed throughout the house. He makes me smile.
That night, I made a fancy little dinner as well as mini Oreo cheesecakes. We indulged a bit and then cuddled up on the couch to watch our own movie marathon -- our growing up and dating slideshows, our wedding videos, The First Year, and then The Second Year. It was so fun reliving all the memories we've made together over the years!
Matt then provided me with my own request line on his guitar. That man sure can sing. Have I told you that before? I'm pretty sure the baby loves it, because he always kicks up a storm when he hears his daddy playing and singing -- not anyone else, just Matt. (The little guy also has kicking parties while his daddy is sleeping and therefore keeps his mom up for half the night these days. But that's a whole 'nother story.) Anyway, our anniversary was simply perfect and we're both so excited to embark on another year of adventures -- including the arrival of our baby boy!
Speaking of the little munchkin, by request, here is my most recent belly picture. It was taken on our anniversary -- just one day shy of 26 weeks. The bump is finally growing and the countdown has officially begun! There are less than 100 days until our baby boy's due date and we are in full-blown preparation mode here in sunny Southern California.

20 comments:

  1. Ummmm...WHERE'S the bump???? You look great! You guys are a beautiful couple! Baby boy is SURE to be super handsome!!
    (Random questions: how tall are you? You must be pretty tall to hide the bump so well!)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Love the video idea.
    You are SO little wow. But you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy- Thanks! I think he'll be pretty handsome, too, if he's anything like his daddy. :) I'm just shy of 5'9" -- although my height is mostly in my legs (I wear a 36" inseam) and I have a normal-sized torso, so I have no idea where the little guy is hiding these days! His growth is right on target, though, so I'm sure I'll start ballooning any minute now haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eppppp! Cutest.Couple.Ever. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your anniversary/babymoon trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 2nd year. We celebrated our 2nd year last month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet hubby :) love that he put post it's everywhere!!! so cute :)
    i love that you watched videos of the two of you 'growing' together. that is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! Y'all are amazing and I'm so grateful that we have known you guys long enough and well enough that we made it in several of your photos and memories! We love you guys a lot! I can't wait to see the post about our visit last week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a baby bump?! I wish I was that skinny now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!!....I HAVE REALLY ENJOYED FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG OVER THE PAST MONTH, ASHLEY..A FRIEND OF MINE AT WORK IS A BLOG READER AND SHE SHARED YOUR BLOG WITH ME..CONGRATS ON THE BABY..YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE CUTEST PREGNANT WOMAN EVER!!!I THINK YOU VERY WELL COULD GET THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS FOR THE SMALLEST BABY BUMP TO DATE...AND THAT IS AWESOME!!!LUCKY LUCKY GIRL... I GAINED 64 PLUS WITH MY FIRST ONE..A BOY :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing!! I am waiting for that bump to pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on two years of awesomely fun marriage! I'm so excited and happy for both of you about you baby boy. I still can't really see your bump. You'll probably finally look pregnant when your about to deliver =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great second year! It will be so awesome to see this beautful baby boy and all the adventures that follow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She has a bump people! :) I have seen it in person. Sometimes he chooses to show his cute self in belly bump form. But I think he is just really loving to hide out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. um. yeah. still no bump. ; ) I love your blog! The babe will be here before you know it!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huzzah for year two! Here's to many more adventures in the near future.... Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yayay for 2 years! so fun. congrats! and dont worry that bump will pop up out of no where so soon!!

    found you on the round up

    xoxo
    Amanda
    http://alittlechangesalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know it's like, completely disgusting how perfect you and your life are, right? Yes? Okay, good.

    (I am jealous.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...