hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wrapping up Virginia

We enjoyed every last minute of our trip to Virginia and were sad to see it end! April and Alex live in such a beautiful historical area and we loved touring their part of the state commonwealth. I'll wrap up our trip with a few highlights of our visit:
We chased Tasha around multiple college campuses as she sprinted down the sidewalks, climbed countless stairs, opened as many doors as possible, and attempted to swim in fountains. Toddlers are so fun!
While in Lexington, we made sure to make a stop at the Sweet Things Ice Cream Shoppe, which April took me to on my first visit to the town when Tasha was born. Their homemade ice cream is heavenly.
I enjoyed running in such a green area! It was definitely a nice change from my usual desert landscape.
Most of all, Matt and I just loved hanging out with this cute little family.
The fact that Alex fed us so well might have had something to do with it.
A certain little munchkin had quite a bit to do with it as well. Whether she was running errands ....
Throwing hair things all over the bed ...
"Helping" pack the stroller, answering the phone, or getting caught unrolling all the toilet paper ...
She had us all wrapped around her little finger. She is quite adorable, you know.
At the end of the day, nothing beats spending time with family!

6 comments:

  1. The resemblance between April and Tasha is remarkable; (I can personally attest to this, because of all the recent viewings of home videos of April as a toddler) I love seeing them together! I'm not the least bit self- conscious to say how jealous I am of your Virginia quality time. The state and people are lovely (special shout-out to my niece Tasha). The history is abundant, the green is so lush, the valleys picturesque, and do not get me started on those trees! What a charming place for the perfect little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pics! And you are so beautiful!

    xo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! So much fun!!!!!!!!!! Glad you two sisters could join your families together and make these awesome memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great place! The lil one is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you came out sis! Hopefully we can come visit you soon (once our Army assignments are all squared away). Thanks for doing such cute posts. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My home! So jealous... I love that guys travel so much and never fail to record it - it makes me live vicariously through you for the time being here in UT. Haha!
    *muah*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...