hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Waves

One of the books in Jake's current bedtime lineup is called "I Love You More." It's a big old for Jake, but he loves it and requests it every night anyway because of one particular page -- the beach page. "I love you more than all the grains of sand on the beach," the book proclaims as Jake excitedly points at the picture. The reading is paused while we engage in a little conversation about the beach and the ocean and going splash splash and playing in the sand. Once we've addressed the things Jake wants to talk about, I ask him if he wants to go to the beach. He smiles and says "Wah," then is finally satisfied (that his message has gotten through, of course) and turns the page so we can finish the story.

My boy is a beach lover and I love it.

Sadly, we can't just pack up and head to the beach on Saturdays anymore, so we work with what we've got. That includes the "beach" by my parents' house to satisfy the sand cravings and the wave pool at Seven Peaks to fill the wave-jumping void. (It tides him over well enough - pun intended - but we're definitely excited for the real deal in August!) When I was 38 weeks pregnant, we took Jake and my little brothers to the water park and it was a big hit all around. My pregnant self loved the water, Jake couldn't stop squealing, and my 6-year-old brother Gabe declared it the "second best day" of his life. Considering that Disney World takes the top spot, Matt and I felt pretty good about that ranking.
My little sunbather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...