hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Monday, September 20, 2010

Dipped in a rainbow and all lit up

As magical as Disneyland is during the day, it becomes even more so when the sun goes down. The whole park lights up, bulbs twinkle in the trees, and the castle glows against the dark night sky. And the shows! It's hard to beat Disney's nighttime spectaculars, especially now that they've added World of Color to the mix.
Matt and I spent our evenings strolling along Main Street, going on plenty of rides, and eating plenty of food. We grabbed my birthday dinner in New Orleans Square (which we still like better than the real Big Easy, in case you were wondering) and made sure to enjoy some classic Disney treats--churros and a marshmallow dipped in caramel and covered in chocolate. Yum!
California Adventure provides quite the party at night as well! We caught some birthday fireworks from across the way, hit up all the big rides, and hung out around Paradise Pier.
Of course, the highlight was seeing World of Color. That show is phenomenal! It is seriously so amazing--like the Bellagio fountains but ten times bigger, dipped into a rainbow, and sprinkled with lots of Disney magic. We loved it!
Matt and I can't wait to go back! And luckily for us, we don't have to wait very long--it's already on the calendar for October. Anyone care to join us?

11 comments:

  1. I volunteer myself... I am very fun, easy to manage, and do not take up much space :)

    p.s. I'm handy with a camera, and take amazing photos of you two, just dabble in some of your dating/ married pictures for references!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please!! I wish I could...I've never been before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled across your blog and it is too cute...so much fun that you and your hubby are so adventurous...that's what life is all about! Enjoy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your World of Color pictures are amazing. We had too many heads blocking our view, but we still loved the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole Familia Pierce is going in October! I want to go again..possibly! let me know what wknd. I didnt get to see all that fantastic color /water/lights show..did you need a ticket to get to go to that? I was told that it was "sold out" you got some GREAT pix! I esp like the ferris wheel reflection off the water. SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish I could go with you next month! That colorful water show looks simply amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! I love all your photos. I haven't been to Disneyland since I was like 12...and it was actually quite miserable. I need to go again to replace the bad experience with a magical one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Party at Disneyland! But seriously, let us know if you plan on going in the next three years and we'll totally join you :-) Especially you, Kristen--I can't believe you've never been!

    Oh, and Stacie- For the World of Color, you can buy a picnic ticket, get a fast pass, or go standby, and all 3 options require standing in long lines. We did none of the above. I'll share my secrets with anyone who is going and doesn't want to wait in any crazy lines for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I JUST noticed, looking at this post for the second time, that you are eating my FAVORITE treat! Marshmallow dipped in chocolate on a stick. Those things are so good...

    Glad you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh---how much do I LOVE Disneyland! Yay for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love Disney and the magic never gets old!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...