hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Monday, February 11, 2013

Snowboarding at Telluride

Playing on the mountain at Telluride was amazing. We had plenty of fresh powder, a light snowfall, and nearly-empty runs. What more could you ask for? (Aside from temperatures above 3 degrees, that is.)
Matt, Christian and I had so much fun exploring the mountain via the easy runs on a Friday in early January. The mountains were beyond gorgeous and the lightly falling snow made them seem majestic. It was so beautiful and peaceful up there, and we were alone on the mountain more often than we had to share it. (Going one week after the holidays definitely helped!) We stuck to the greens for my sake, and I'm happy to report that I didn't fall one single time. (Of course, I wasn't practicing any new skills and their greens were so subtly sloped that we had to pick up our boards and walk in a few places, and I don't even remember the last time I fell, but still. Always a noteworthy accomplishment.) The boys stayed out longer than I did to check out the blues and they came off the mountain so excited for Saturday.

The next day, I stayed behind and relaxed in the resort while the boys played on the black diamonds. Let me tell you, a day all to myself to just sleep in and lie by the fire and be? So nice. We'd talked about maybe leaving around 1 or 2 to get a head start on the drive, but every time we touched base they were having so much fun that we decided they should just keep going. Despite single-digit temperatures and even losing a glove, they stayed on the mountain from the moment the lifts opened until the moment they closed. It was the best ski trip we ever could have imagined!
At the top of Telluride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...