hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pixar in Concert

Summer is simply not complete without attending a concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Two years ago, it was Tchaikovsky, last summer it was Fantasia, and we got a bonus concert in this spring when we saw Coldplay (most.amazing.concert.ever!). We were super excited for this summer's fare -- Pixar in Concert!
When I saw Pixar on the Hollywood Bowl's summer calendar, I immediately called my siblings and invited them to come with us. I'm so glad they did! It was the best kind of concert for Disney-lovers like my family. The orchestra played scores from each of Pixar's masterpieces while scenes from the movies played on the screen. The music was beyond beautiful and it made us appreciate even more just how talented those composers really are. It's amazing how perfectly each score captures the essence of its movie, and it's amazing how moving that can be when it's done so well. We laughed and we cried (um, have you seen UP?) and we smiled all night. It was quite magical, really.
Also, it made me miss Disneyland, so it's a good thing we'll be there again in a few days!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun, as does Disneyland. We will be moving to Cali in a few months. Super excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked like a great evening! I bet it has been so nice having your little Brothers and sisters there to help out and enjoy your last few weeks in California. Family is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I cry everytime I watch UP. Hearing the orchestra play the music would probably render me a blubbering mess.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...