hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Monday, April 2, 2012

LA Fashion District

Last week, girls outnumbered the boys in the Davis house. Carolyn and Emery came to play for seven whole days, and we made sure to do as many girly things as possible. Our biggest outing was good, old-fashioned street shopping in downtown Los Angeles.

The LA Fashion District is a whopping 100 blocks full of fabric, flowers, clothing, shoes, accessories, and all sorts of random paraphernalia. It also includes Santee Alley, which is like NYC's Canal Street shopping on steroids. Turns out, it was rather ambitious of us to tote two babies along for hours and hours of walking and window shopping, but luckily our little ones were champions. Plus, the added inconvenience of having just one free hand and having a grabby baby in the other probably saved us a lot of money! In the end, we just picked up some fabric remnants, a shirt for Carolyn, and a suit for Jakey (so cute, and so cheap!). Pretty sure Matt was proud of my restraint.

5 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! And I just bought a pair of blue pants just that same color. You're making me feel great about my purchase, they look fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously the prettiest mama EVER! I want to go shopping with you :) Looks SO fun! I love the vibrant colors in each of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash.

    I love your pants.

    I love the close up of Jake.

    I love that I get to check in on your lives, it always makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It snowed here today. Your beautiful Cali weather and outstanding shopping is making me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubs and I just moved to Los Angeles and I've been making a (very very VERY) long list of places we need to go on the weekends...the fashion district has officially shot to the top of the list!
    Those colors are so vibrant and beautiful. What fashionable mamas you guys are!

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...