hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Morning

It was a happy Christmas morning at the Graf home!
We got a late start on Christmas morning, coming down the stairs at 6 a.m. instead of the usual 5. If not for our quick hands, Christmas could have been ruined! (Because, as we all know, if the sun rises before all presents are opened, then all is lost.) It's tradition to have a sleepover with all my siblings in one room on Christmas Eve, but we opted out this year due to Jake's nighttime feeding. Instead, we set the alarm for 5:30 to get our little guy prepped for his first Christmas morning. After a quality stretching session, he was ready to party!
The boys squealed and quickly tracked down their gifts from Santa.
We always go youngest-to-oldest, one present at a time, but we gave them a pass and let Jakey go fourth.
A few favorite presents of the day were basketball gear for Matthew (natch), a funny "Ki-KEN" doll from Heidi for Christian (we all call him Kiken, if you haven't noticed), lots of pretty shirts for my sisters (lucky ladies), a sweet blanket from Nicole to Jordan (like the one I made for Matt back in the day ... before I started blogging), a grandbaby for my Mom (she always loves those), and a new bedroom TV for my Dad (you should see his old one. It's a 13" box circa 1998).
I gave Matt a freshly-installed fancy auxillary jack for his car (so that's why I didn't let him ride to Salt Lake with me and Jake the night before). Then I really knocked his socks off with the pair of Coldplay tickets I scored (those things are impossible to get a hold of. Seriously). This led to me scoring plenty of kisses and the boots I've been stalking for no less than four years (they finally went on sale!). Matt also got me the cutest pair of tall pajamas (speaking of things that are impossible to find...).
Tired of the parenthesis yet? Me too. My happiest memory of the morning was giving my mom a book that chronicled our epic family Florida trip. I sleep-deprived myself over that thing throughout the month of December, working on it until early hours of the morning while Jake slept. (I don't like to be on the computer when Jake's awake.) (Oops, that was another parenthesis.) Needless to say, I was relieved that she loved it -- and Matt was relieved that I finished it.
After a quick nap, Jake was bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and ready for round two of adoration and spoil-ation.
It was a merry first Christmas, indeed.

6 comments:

  1. Another memorable Graf Christmas. This one was extra special because of our early Christmas gift (babies are the best presents year- round)! I love your writing Ash. Even though you live too far away (yea I went there), and phones are easily accessible nowadays for any trip down memory lane, your personality jumps off the screen. I always look forward to your take on our family memories, and I know down the line, when we are all old and fake, (haha- jk) our kids and grandkids will really appreciate your dedication to the accounts of our "semi-normal" family. Besides some things are better left written, and you have a great style with words. Christmas was lovely, and I can't wait to read and see more... loves Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy baby! And looks like a very magical Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What company did you go through to make your Florida book? Love the size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that baby.

    You know this.

    What a fun Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy christmas morning!! I loved these action shots and felt like I was right there in the Graf family room watching all of the excitment as presents were opened and enjoyed!! So fun to see you all together! Your family is so awesome! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. coldplay tickets?? luckyyyy. So fun to see all the christmas pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...