hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I have a dream.

A dream of one day being caught up on this blog so I can share things as they happen rather than give a historical play-by-play later on. (Dream big, right?) This post is a step in the right direction, as it sums up our regular daily life from Jake's two-week birthday to the seven-week mark, which just happens to be today. Pretty sure lumping 35 whole days into one post earns me an F in the mommy blogging world, but whatever. I've just been too busy cuddling with my newborn to do much of anything else, including laundry, dishes, blogging, and bathtub cleaning. I should really get on that bathtub business soon because I have one final Lush bath bomb calling my name. Anyway, back to the topic at hand -- cuddling with this sweet boy:
It's the best thing ever. Although, we are trying to work just a few other activities into our daily lives. I'll keep you posted on that progress. For now, scroll down and watch Jake grow up over the last 5 weeks.

Jake took his first "real" bath on day 15. The whale tub was filled, the space heater was on, the bathroom was cozy, and we were placing our naked baby into the perfect-temperature water... and then the power went out. His bathroom doesn't have a window, so our poor little guy had to bathe in less water in the cold living room next to the sliding doors and, well, the bath was short lived. But the next day, we were back in the bathroom and his love affair with the whale tub returned. Thank goodness.
Matt went back to work when Jake was 19 days old, so their cuddling sessions became high priority at night. Jake always gives his daddy "hugs" by draping both of his arms around Matt as he sleeps. I try to not be jealous.
On Jake's 3-week birthday, I realized I hadn't taken a picture of him with his big teddy bear yet. I plan on taking pictures with the bear periodically as Jake gets older to show how much he's grown.
Four weeks:
One month:
Jake had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon on his one-month birthday and we decided to make a little family date night of it. This included dinner in the Papa John's parking lot, where we took turns eating and playing with our little guy. We then headed over to Nadia's for some delicious one-month birthday cupcakes.
I was so torn up by Jake taking a bottle so early on, but now I like to pump every now and then because it's so sweet to watch Matt feed him.
Our little date night gave us confidence to brave public a bit more with our little guy (nursing is/was the real roadblock). We started venturing out more and more, and even went to Los Angeles last week. But I'll blog about those outings later.
We probably have pictures of 1/3 of Jake's baths. Considering he takes them almost every day, that's a lot of bath time pictures. But seriously, is there anything cuter than a naked baby? I think not.
Speaking of baths, Jake earned one with this late-night blowout that took place on Matt's lap.
Normally, one might be annoyed at such an inconvenient event, but it's virtually impossible to do anything but smile at a face like that. It's all smiles, all the time around here.
Smile and cuddle. It's what we do.
(Oh, and practice push ups during tummy time. We do that, too.)

9 comments:

  1. Jake is getting so big (and yet he is still so tiny haha)! I loved seeing him smile, and give kisses to you, and hugs to Matt! Now we need to train him to do the same for me!

    p.s. Keep up those push-ups buddy, make big muscles like your daddy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my goshhhhh these pictures are so adorable... as usual! I love how much he looks like his daddy and what a perfect little smile he has?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash I love these! I can't get enough of Jake updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love it!! I pump also because it melts my heart seeing my hubs feed our little girl :) Plus I think that is serious bonding time for them.

    Jake gets cuter and cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at the monkey butt!!! :) so adorable. he is seriously precious. I am happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see him in just a few days! I might not let him go. T is going to have to fight for a chance to hold him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH...THESE ALL ARE TOOOO CUTE..MY FAVE IS THE ONE OF MATT LOOKING DOWN AT JAKE WHEN HE'S ASLEEP ON HIS SHOULDER..BUT I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE FACE HE'S MAKING IN THE "BLOWOUT" PICTURE..YOU WILL TREASURE ALL THESE PICTURES FOREVER!!..THANKS FOR SHARING :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man, i love reliving newborn memories by reading your blog, he is so cute!! and there isn't anything cuter than a naked baby, i think it's a scientific fact. ;) and i know during the first few weeks you're in a haze anyway of barely sleeping so don't worry about updating the blog often, haha! i can tell you guys are great parents already and have taken to the roll quite nicely!!

    xo
    hillary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...