hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Poppies ... Poppies!

One thing our little area of Southern California is known for is its gorgeous orange California poppies.
So, naturally, when our friends Talon and Carolyn were visiting for the weekend, we headed over to the poppy reserve right before sunset. But, naturally, we forgot to bring cash (who uses cash these days anyway?) and therefore couldn't drive through the reserve. Luckily for us, however, there were plenty of lovely orange poppies right alongside the road. With how pretty these random fields of poppies were, I can only imagine how amazing the reserve must be!
Of course, we thought it'd be fun to take a few pictures. Talon and Carolyn looked great...
... but Matt kept making me laugh way too hard to get any semi-normal shot. See?
So we just gave up and frolicked in the fields. But when we walked back to the car, the sun was just too pretty to not snap just a few more.
Round two?
Ahhh, much better.
Now that we finally had a semi-decent photo, we put the camera away for good cuddled up to watch the sun set.
And then we went to Home Depot. Romantic date, no?

12 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I miss the poppies...but maybe not for long! I sent you an email to you gmail account, but I don't know if you check it...I was wondering where exactly you guys live. Kenneth and I might be moving out to the Corona/Riverside area, and we were thinking about where you guys may be. Anyway, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last pic of those poppies ahh so breathtaking! I am jealous you live in such a beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it when the California poppies are in season. Where is this beautiful spot?? Must go see and take beautiful pics as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home Depot is height of romance. HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is COOL!! We have to come back in Mai!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous gorgeous pictures! Loved this post. You guys look great, and I love the one where Matt is being funny and your'e laughing. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous gorgeous pictures! Loved this post. You guys look great, and I love the one where Matt is being funny and your'e laughing. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, gorgeous gorgeous pictures! Loved this post. You guys look great, and I love the one where Matt is being funny and your'e laughing. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clara- yes, please! Next May!

    Nina- it's the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve. Hopefully they're still there! I'm thinking next year I'll go in the daytime when the poppies are still open :-)

    Amy- I check my gmail account literally once a year haha. But I just saw your e-mail through hotmail and will write you back ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're pictures are SO great! I'm so glad things are fabulous with you, Ashley (and Matt :) )!
    *muah*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it a coincidence that we're coming up there next week? We might just have to go look at them Poppies again, for good times sake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...