hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Florence, Italy: Around the City

Matt and I love Venice for its unique character. We love Rome for its history and never-ending list of things to do and see. And we love Florence for being Florence. It's our favorite of the three, and I don't know if I can even pinpoint why. Perhaps it'ss just because it offered a nice change of pace three weeks into our trip. Or, more probably, it's because of the quiet, magical charm that Florence exudes.
Matt and I loved just roaming the clean streets, walking along the waterfront, exploring the markets, indulging in the food, and taking in the ambiance. Our days in Florence were beautiful.
We stayed in the most wonderful hotel called Firenze Suites. Its manager, Brother Morelli, is a friend-of-a-friend and a fellow member of our church. He was the best!
If we had about 800 Euro to spare, Matt and I could have both walked away with some pretty sweet leather jackets. I actually sort of regret not buying my favorite -- a perfect, side-zip, camel-colored beauty.
Ever had artichokes on your pizza? You should.
Waving goodbye to our favorite Italian city!
The Tuscan countryside is gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...