hello!new213.1 hello!new213.4 hello!new213.5 hello!new213.6 hello!new213.9

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The great outdoors

Big annoucement, people: Just ten more months till we get married! I remember talking to Liz about it walking to class one day last fall and thinking it would be so exciting for the countdown to be on two hands (only ten fingers instead of fingers, toes, eyes, etc.). Well, my friends, the day has finally come and it is that exciting (for Matt and I, at least). Anyway, onto Matt's whopping 2 1/2 week summer break here in Utah:

We'll lead off the picture parade with mini-golf at good ol' Trafalga:

Joshie demonstrated to Matt the most effective way to get the ball in the hole:
just drop it in.

Wish I had followed Josh's advice--I barely got under par. Gone are the days of my serial-dating mini-golf prowess, I suppose.

Shifting gears... We live 5 minutes away from AF canyon and most definitely take advantage of it. Matt had never kayaked before so we had a lot of fun out at Tibblefork.

He can kayak a lot faster than me (surprise, surprise).

Bonus points if you can name the movie that inspired this next picture:
"I'm a sailor! I sail! Ahoy!"
Nevermind the fact that kayaking isn't exactly sailing, of course.

My family took up a couple fishing poles just for fun. As you can tell, we're really into catching fish... (notice Nicole's disgusted face when she caught one haha)

On the way back home, we stopped off at a campsite to make s'mores.

Then, since we are such hard-core outdoorsmen, we set up our big family tent in our backyard and camped out... Although, to my dad's credit (he is an outdoorsy guy), we wanted to camp in the mountains but couldn't get a reservation at a campground. Apparently those things are in high demand. Who knew?

2 comments:

  1. We are going private if you still want to look at our blog, email me at jhula12@hotmail.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. We talked to Matt the other day, Preston's been asking to call him. I can't believe school starts tomorrow! I hope all is well there. Call us when you get a moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...